?

Log in

Bones Icons 100

The Bones Icons 100 Challenge

Name:
Bones Icons :: 100 Challenge
Membership:
Open
Posting Access:
Select Members
Navigation
FAQ :: Resign a claim :: Reserve a claim :: Claim a claim :: Hall of Fame.

About
bones_icons100 is a challenge community. The challenge is to make 100 icons in a certain amount time. 50 of the icons must be themed and 50 can be whatever you want. Here you are making 100 icons of your favourite TV show, to show your love of icon making and your love of the show.

How it works:
1 Join the community
2 Either claim a claim or reserve a claim.
3 Make your icons
4 If you finish, post in the hall of fame and receive a banner for your work.

The Rules
The subject of this community is Bones and therefore all of your icons must be of Bones. Here you can claim anything from the TV show to the actor in it. You can choose a character, a relationship, an episode, a season... You cannot choose more than one character or more than one episode. EDIT: You can not use pictures that are not of the claim you make. For example, you may not use pictures of Emily Deschanel at a Premiere if you claim Temperence Brennan. You MAY use promos. Also, if you claim a relationship, both people must be in all icons at least 75% of the time. The other 25% must be an obvious meaning.

Each subject may only be claimed by one person at any given time. Because I own this community and I’m not as nice as most people, I am only going to allow 7 weeks to complete your set of icons. This is done so that one person isn't just hogging a subject all the time without making the icons. To prevent "fake claims", you must post at least your first batch within the first week of claiming a subject.

Each person may claim up to two subjects at a time. Additionally, you'll have the same amount of time to complete your icons. So if you've applied for 2 subjects at once, you will still have 7 weeks to complete 200 icons.

All 100 icons must contain your subject in them. That's the whole point isn't it? Your icon can include other characters as long as your subject is in the icon as well. While this is allowed, I would recommend you to do it sparingly and to please remember to try and keep your icons focused on your subject.

You do not have to post all of your icons at once. You can break them up into batches of at least 10 icons. Obviously remember to put your icons behind a cut. You can have a maximum of 3 preview icons and yes, fake cuts are allowed.

If your icon contains mature content, please put a warning.

Icons made for this challenge should be new, and not used again in another challenge. That is the challenge, to make 100 new icons. What’s the point of using them over and over again? That doesn't prove anything.

Out of the 100 you make, 50 of them must be themed. Be creative with how you approach each theme. For example, "forbidden" could mean something that is forbidden, an area that is forbidden... or a relationship that is forbidden :) The rest can be whatever you like.
Do not use a screencap/base more than once. If you have two icons that have the same look but one has text, this is not allowed. The only way this is acceptable is if the two icons are noticeably different. The themes are there to make the challenge a little more fun… there is no one around to monitor why you think that icon is suitable.

01: Forbidden
02: Colour
03: Screen
04: Red
05: Food
06: Compulsion
07: Hate
08: Anger
09: Loud
10: Eyes
11: Hands
12: Letter
13: Name
14: Without Meaning
15: Don’t Leave
16: Pride
17: I Love You
18: Love
19: The Look
20: Crime Scene Tape
21: Bones
22: Fbi
23: Medico-Legal Lab
24: I Don’t Know What That Means
25: Smile
26: Smirk
27: Grin
28: Tears
29: Scared
30: Relief
31: Hot
32: Dance
33: Celebration
34: Time
35: Story
36: Investigation
37: Who Are You?
38: Technology
39: Sparkle
40: Sick
41: Random
42: Secrets
43: Lies
44: Beautiful
45: Memory
46: Gun
47: Disease
48: Shocked
49: Lyrical
50: Blood

If you need to ask me any questions, please do so here.

When posting your icons, please do so in the format below:

Subject: (i.e "Temperance Brennan" or "The Man Inside The Bear" or "All Male Characters")
Batch: (what batch you're on, which number of icons are in that batch, etc.) Ex.: Batch 1 // 11 - 21
Themes: (the themes that you are using in your icons, if any)
Additonal Notes: (like credits, disclaimers, your rules of usage if someone wants to use your icons, etc.)

Affiliates
Bones Communities:
206_bones
bones_graphics
bones_icontest
boneshow_awards

Challenge Communities:
csiicons100
100_anything
icons100

Other Communities:
rupert_fixation


Maintainers
General Maintainer/Owner: kelei87
General Maintainers(Mods): alwaysf0rg0tt3n and tempestuouspixy
Banner Maker (we need more!): katecsi3

Anything Else
We are looking for maintainers and affiliates. To apply, please email me.

Statistics